Edge of the Mists! It's a beautiful place. Really, it's superb. First of all it's gorgeous - the designers really knocked the ball out of the park. Second of all, the 3 hour match rotations means you never really end up suffering too long by being outclassed (in theory).
Thirdly, and this is what I've been enjoying most about EotM with the two professions I'm levelling at the moment (Elementalist and Engineer) you can gain a lot of levels AND attain quite a bit of gold.
Here's a few tips if you want to try it out:
- Stick with the karma train (probably the most important thing) and try not to die!
- If you die, wait. If the train you're with overcomes whatever hazard kills you, you'll be revived.
- I recommend joining a party if you're low level or prefer supporting rather than doing a lot of damage. That way you'll be able to loot more NPCs (and enemy players).
- If you have nothing you want to buy with your badges, convert them to whichever plan sells well. Rates vary but if you place the plans on above the minimum sellers price you can probably stretch towards a 2 or 3 silver per 6 badges - and you can earn a lot of badges*.
- Level multiple alts through the WvWvW ranking system. You gain chests and silver for every level gained independently (this only applies until the next patch when you'll have a consolidated, account bound wvwvw rank).
*You CAN create superior siege blueprints and make more gold per badge but there's a material and skill point investment.