I don't usually post patch notes but I'm leaning towards doing so because sometimes, hidden among them, you find changes that will affect what's happening within the trading post.
The 7th November patch isn't a good example of this - they just removed the candycorn nodes that randomly pop up on your screen and then disappear.
But check out this general section from an older (but still recent) update as an example:
General Patch Changes 7th OctoberI've highlighted the changes that had/will continue to have an impact on the economy (small or large) in red.
- Fixed a bug in targeting that was causing left-dragging to deselect/select targets incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug in targeting that was allowing users to deselect all targets using the select next target functionality.
- Fixed a bug with human female sword and pistol animations.
- Fixed a bug that was causing quickness to get stuck on players and enemies indefinitely.
- Fixed the Mystic Forge recipe for Melandru’s Gaze that was rewarding the Mystic Staff instead.
- Fixed a potential bug with skill challenge conversations not closing for all parties speaking with the NPC.
- Fixed a bug in weaponsmith Destroyer recipes being swapped for Valkyrie and Berserker weapons.
- Fixed the Mystic Forge recipes for platinum and mithril ingot conversion taking cloth bolts instead of the appropriate ingots. This also fixes the issue with linen and silk bolt conversion recipes sometimes rewarding ingots.
- Fixed the Mystic Forge recipe for Immobulus requiring a defunct item. It now requires giant eyes instead.
- Fixed a bug with Rune of Divinity that was causing it to do 50% more critical damage than listed.
- Removed laughing audio from crafting stations in Divinity’s Reach.
- Raised the maximum karma limit.
- Superior Rune of the Adventurer is now set to give 50% of endurance on heal.
- The character select screen now reflects hidden armor choices.
- Updated Rune of Earth and Rune of the Grove to have a 25% chance to grant 4 seconds of protection and 30-second recharge for superior runes, with 45-second recharge for major runes.
- We’ve relaxed our anti-exploiting system for loot and events.
I'm testing the water and I'd like your feedback on posts like this - do you think patch notes make for interesting discussion? There's other places to get the information but perhaps not the same kind of predictions we're enjoying here.
There's also one more thing that drew my eye, the new mini banner for The Lost Shores in the GW2 launcher:
The link "learn more" takes you here which I'm sure a few of you have seen already.
Right now the information there is sparse, but it's bound to fill up with information - another source to check. You might learn a thing or two about changes that'll have yet more ripples spreading through the Guild Wars 2 economy!
I'm loving how active Arenanet are with this game on many fronts.